Creative and quality driven web and mobile app designer and developer that enjoys creating applications that are user centered and make accomplishing tasks easy as well as visually engaging; especially geospatial and business related applications.
- Solely designed and built multiple websites and web-based applications for local government agencies, educational institutions, as well as individual clients. Sites ranged in size from a few pages to several hundred pages.
- Designed, developed and published native iOS and Android apps.
- Conducted analysis of business needs for sites and designed and implemented effective information flow.
- Utilized best development practices pursuant to W3C standards.
- Experienced in the development of dynamic websites using ASP and ASP.Net C# and PHP server-side technologies with Oracle and/or MySQL database interaction.
- Experienced in the development and maintenance of sites using various content management systems; including Drupal, WordPress and Cascade Server; including the development and implementation of custom designed themes.
- Experience maintaining Microsoft IIS.
- Managed website and application development from initial concept through final delivery to client.
- Worked with marketing professionals throughout the design process to ensure projects were meeting marketing needs and goals.
- Conducted meetings with clients during the web application design and development process to ensure websites met public and personnel needs.
- Prepared project documents, work outlines and project time lines & deadlines to ensure the development process was organized and on time.
- Researched hardware and software needs for department and provided proposals.
- Administered esoteric software used for departmental needs, and informally provided technical support to staff.
- Experienced web and mobile user interface designer with the ability to merge high-end visual aesthetics with the most current technologies and programming to create effective user-centered applications.
- Experienced in the creation of wireframes and interactive mockups using tools such as Balsamiq.
- Experience presenting UI/UX information and best practices to audiences at software user conferences.
- Designed extensive digital collateral for Esri that complied with and reinforced branding guidelines, including conference mobile applications, event websites, email campaigns and online advertisements.
- Designed interfaces for Esri ArcGIS based geospatial web applications, as well as custom mapping iconography.
- Assisted in user testing of application prototypes as well as existing applications.
- Completed written heuristic evaluations of existing and proposed user interfaces and application interactions.
Applications & Programming
- Esri ArcGIS APIs, Esri ArcGIS, ArcMap, ArcGIS Server
- ASP.NET, PHP
- Drupal, WordPress, Cascade Server
- Xcode, Objective-C, iTunes Connect, iOS Developer Program Member
- Android Studio, Eclipse, Java, Google Developer Console, Google Play Developer Member
- Microsoft Visual Studio, C#
- Git, SVN, Team Foundation Server
- Adobe Creative Cloud, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- 3D Studio Max
- Oracle, MySQL, SQLServer
Software Development Engineer
2016 - Present
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
2014 - 2016
University of New South Wales
Sydney, NSW, Australia
2015 - 2016
St. Leonards, NSW, Australia
Senior Engineer / Developer
3/2015 - 10/2015
Active Tree Services
Mona Vale, NSW, Australia
User Interface Engineer
2011 - 2014
2010 - 2011
University of California, Santa Cruz -
Communications & Marketing
Santa Cruz, California
IT Systems Analyst - Web Development
2007 - 2010
County of Riverside
Transportation & Land Management Agency
Planner III / Planner IV - Webmaster
2003 - 2007
County of Riverside - Planning Department
University of New South Wales
Master of Fine Art, 2016
Thesis: Camofloz: Banal nationalism in the postcolonial landscape
University of California, Irvine
B.A. Studio Art, summa cum laude, 2010
Academic Honors in Studio Art
University of North Carolina at Greensboro
B.A. Geography (Urban Planning), 1996
• Dean's List: Fall 1993, Spring 1994, Fall 1995
• Scholarship study abroad, Wroclaw, Poland, 1996
Santa Monica College
Certificate Interactive Multimedia, 2001-2004
Web design, digital imaging, motion graphics, video editing, design and photography
Riverside Community College
Certificate 3D Modeling & Animation, 2003-2005
Art Center College of Design
14 credit hours completed in foundational design, typography, graphic design, figure drawing and perspective rendering
Jayson Ward, 107/109 Inkerman Street, St Kilda, VIC 3182, Australia • 0474324724 • firstname.lastname@example.org • •